If you like the look of this, click here for the whole list of prompts at alittlebutalot.
5th January 2020 – Six Bookish Resolutions
- Borrow at least one book from my local library per month – it’s not the best library in the world but I’ll be very sorry to see it go so I’m going to do my bit and support it this year. It should be good for Discworld novels. More on that later.
- Buy at least one book from my local independent book shop per month – ditto. It’s not got the best range but it does offer an order service so I can request anything that isn’t in stock. I’ve already made good on this resolution and ordered my next book club book via the shop!
- Read more long books – I want to tackle some heavyweights this year and, to that effect, I’ve taken on Annemieke’s Go Big or Go Home Reading Challenge.
- Read all remaining Discworld novels – I’ve read 11 so far and I’ve taken on Annemieke’s Turtle Recall Reading Challenge as well to give me the incentive to clear all 41.
- Be a little more realistic with my reading goals – *looks nervously at the six reading challenges I’ve taken on* I think I’m going to struggle with that one.
- Don’t buy any more books until I’ve read the ones I already have – that is such a hard to stick to with so many wonderful books coming out all the time like Come Tumbling Down next week! I have the same trouble with video games too. This year, I’m going to do my best to restrain myself in both hobbies!